This is an exciting time at Arc GLOW as we kick off our first official Membership Drive! We are reaching out to parents, families, community members, staff and the individuals we serve, asking you to show your support of our agency as we embrace our past and move into our future.
What does Membership mean?
When you join Arc GLOW’s annual Membership Drive, it shows:
· You are an advocate for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including autism.
· You want positive changes in our society for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
· You want Arc GLOW to continue providing high quality supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in our community.
Membership is the foundation upon which our Chapter, state organization, The Arc New York, and the national association, The Arc US were founded. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Your Voice Matters
When you join Arc GLOW or renew your membership at any level, you help make a positive impact on the lives of our friends, neighbors and family members with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
You contribute to our success in three important ways. First, each name we add to our list of members increases our advocacy at state and national levels, giving Arc GLOW and the families and individuals we serve a more influential voice in legislative matters. Your Membership has a direct impact on our federal and state funding. Second, your membership contributions help to fund those items that government funding does not provide. Third, and most important, your membership is a statement that you believe in the importance of what Arc GLOW does and that you support our mission.
Legislative Priorities INCLUDE
· Increased residential development, especially for individuals with aging caregivers
· Create employment opportunities for people with disabilities
· Direct Support Wage Increase
· Cost of living allowance for Direct Support, including special education
· Recruitment initiatives to help resolve the workforce crisis including credential and Career Ladder Programs
A strong Membership means a more informed public. It is a very important step to working towards society-wide acceptance of children and adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities. Show your support today. Be a determined parent, family member, staff, and self-advocate. This is your opportunity to stand up and be counted. Thank you!