For people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, having a home is a crucial step in building self-esteem as independent adults. Arc GLOW provides residential options for a variety of needs.
To help our residents achieve independent living, our programs focus on community involvement, enhancing daily living skills, providing clinical services and increasing social engagements.
Throughout Genesee, Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming Counties, we have a variety of residential options.
- Supervised Individualized Residential Alternatives (IRAs): Individuals in this certified living environment receive 24-hour supervision from our experienced caregivers. The staff offers training in daily living skills, socialization, and recreation. We have 29 IRAs throughout Genesee, Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming Counties.
- Supportive Individualized Residential Alternatives: The individuals in this program receive assistance in a certified apartment setting. Our residential staff provides training in independent living skills and helps link residents to community-related services and activities. Supportive IRAs offer staffing as needed with ongoing monitoring and assistance.
- Respite Services: We offer short-term care that helps a family take a break from the daily routine of caregiving duties of their loved one with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Living Alone or with Roommate: This service does not include residential programming but provides weekly community habilitation to help individuals with disabilities achieve their goals.
- Mental Health Community Residence: Our 12-bed residence in Orleans County offers 24-hour care to people who have a serious mental health diagnosis.
Admission for our residential services is based on eligibility, urgency and need.
“For the first time in her life, our daughter is able to experience all of the thrills, nervousness, and responsibility that accompany independent living. I also feel an incredible sense of relief knowing that she is well cared for by dedicated direct support professionals at the house.” Marcy VanZandt, Parent
“I was a little homesick that first night. But now I like it — a lot. I can be my own person.” Miranda Snyder, Program Participant
“When our daughter comes home for a couple of days or a weekend, she’ll say, ‘Mom, when are you taking me back to my house?’ That gets me right in the heart, but I know it’s the best thing. She’s independent, the staff is awesome, and she loves her home.” Marian Clark, Parent
See if your loved one is eligible for our residential services by contacting us at email@example.com or calling us at (585) 658-2828 (Mount Morris) or (585) 343-1123 (Batavia).